Friday, August 28, 2009

AANP Convention: Friends, Medicine, and Dancing

By Sara Thyr, ND

Where else can you go and be surrounded by people who love you completely, learn cutting edge information in the most exciting healing field in the world, eat healthy food and dance your hiney off in the same week? Not to mention stunning views of Mt. Rainier?

This year's AANP convention in Tacoma was too good to be true. I didn't get enough sleep, and the only exercise I got was the dancing. But those small injustices aside, I truly had a great time.

I learned some things that I will bring back to my practice that will help my patients - always my favorite thing about convention. Many docs wave off atrial fibrillation - Dr. Paul Saunders did a great talk showing us all of the therapies we can use that work. The vaccine question plagues many of us who see children - Dr. Matt Baral gave an insightful presentation that cleared much of the muck around that issue.

I got some good information about some new products - another fabulous benefit.
And best of all, I really got filled up by the love of my community of exquisite healers.

There were too many great ones to list here. Well, you know...you were there!
What? You weren't? What's the matter with you?

No comments:

Post a Comment